We are looking for an enthusiastic, client-driven senior analyst for a full-time placement in our London Shoreditch office. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment and can actively contribute to ensuring that our customers get the maximum benefit from our web platform and services.
EnergyDeck (www.energydeck.com) is an award-winning Internet of Things platform that captures the entire range of energy, resource and environmental data in the built environment. Users benefit from highly flexible data management, automatic performance benchmarking and effective stakeholder engagement, all delivered through a powerful and intuitive web interface.
Our customers include large organisations in the commercial building space such as real estate developers, service providers and corporate tenants. We also provide benchmarking services for the UK’s Better Buildings Partnership and work with social housing operators as well as SMEs. We have thousands of buildings in our database spanning almost every type of asset from apartments to warehouses.
About the role:
At EnergyDeck we deal with a lot of data in a variety of forms - from manual entries directly via our platform or app to spreadsheet uploads and automatic meter/sensor feeds. We often work with customers that operate large multi-use and multi-tenant buildings (think large offices, retail centres and international airports). Our objective is to gain as detailed as possible an understanding of the building setup and operations in order to deliver maximum insight. The ultimate aim is to help our customers save resources, carbon and costs, while increasing their operational efficiency.
The focus for this role is to ensure continued leadership on the data analytics and project delivery side, as we are growing, our customer base and projects become more complex and challenging (which often goes hand in hand with increased opportunities for improvement).
We’re looking for someone with strong experience in handling large and complex datasets in a fast paced and highly agile, customer focused environment. You should be able to lead projects from end to end, define data strategies (from acquisition to analysis and delivery) and interact with multiple stakeholders on the customer side on an ongoing basis.
You need to have an absolute eye for detail and an indomitable focus on customer delivery. This includes an ability to transform complex datasets and analytics into insights that are accessible to key building stakeholders.
In return for your efforts, you can rest assured that the work you do matters not just to us and our customers, but can really lead to a step-change in how commercial and other buildings are operated. This in turn drives significant reductions in costs and environmental impact, which is a more pressing challenge today than it has ever been #ForThePlanet. Whoever said you can’t have heaps of fun and do a ton of good at the same time?!
- 3+ years in a leading data analyst role with significant exposure to end clients
- Strong project management skills in highly data centric environments
- Very strong Excel skills (ie: comfortable with advanced Excel manipulation and automation).
- Strong knowledge of Python and/or R and relevant libraries
- Familiarity with SQL databases; strong SQL skills a significant plus
- Experience with producing presentations for data-centric topics with limited oversight
- Very strong writing and communication skills
- Maths, stats or comparable training (incl. computer science or engineering) a bonus
Perks and other things you get:
- Permanent, full-time role with a startup with a purpose, and that operates on the bleeding edge of scalable building performance technologies
- Equity in the company in form of employee share options
- Pension plan
- On-the-job training and insights into the latest data science techniques applied to the built environment
- Training day every month
- Regular EnergyDeck team lunches and end of week drinks on the company (yes that’s TGIF for you, though more often than not we feel like TGIM!).
One more thing:
As an organisation, we aim to break the mould and disrupt how energy and resource performance services are being delivered. To this end, since our launch in 2012 we have been offering a free tier to our EnergyDeck platform which comes with unlimited buildings and meter data. We also have established over the years an industry-leading benchmarking and savings projects database that is accessible to every user of the platform.
As an industry, we’re still only scratching the surface of what is possible. But as an organisation we very much intend to lead the revolution that is about to occur in this space with leading-edge technology, and by democratising access to energy and resource performance data. In addition, we’re working on disruptive and highly scalable business models for our next-generation platform (so stay tuned!)
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to get back to everyone who puts in the effort to send a full application, so if you don’t hear back within a couple of weeks you should absolutely feel free to chase us! Thanks.