We are looking for an enthusiastic and client-driven Customer Success Director with strong project-delivery, customer-engagement, and problem-solving skills. The individual is expected to lead a team and function dedicated to onboarding new customers and enabling existing customers to get the maximum benefit from Fabriq OS – our market-leading and planet-improving web-based SaaS platform! This is for a full-time opening based in London.
Get in touch if collaborating with customers to help them succeed is in your DNA and you want to work in an environment where the worlds of energy, sustainability, smart buildings, tech, and start-ups converge!
Fabriq offers an award-winning IoT platform called Fabriq OS, which is capable of capturing and organising the entire range of energy, resource and environmental data in the built environment. Fabriq’s mission is to help increase the value of real-estate assets and optimise the utilisation of buildings by providing end-to-end intelligence on how buildings and spaces are running to a multitude of stakeholders who invest in, own, run, or occupy buildings.
Our customers include large organisations in the commercial-building industry such as real-estate investors, service providers (e.g. facility management companies, managing agents and specialised consultancies), and, last but not least, tenants and occupiers of commercial buildings in a variety of industries. We have thousands of buildings in our database, spanning almost every type of asset from apartments to warehouses.
About the role
At Fabriq, we deal with a lot of data in various forms - from manually-entered data that can be inputted via a mobile App or an Excel template to data from meters or IoT sensors that can be imported on an automated basis. We often work with customers that operate large multi-use and multi-tenant buildings (think large offices, retail centres, and international airports). Our objective is to gain as detailed as possible of an understanding of any building’s setup and operations in order to uncover insights on how a building and its spaces can run in more optimised ways. The ultimate aim is to help our customers minimise their consumption of resources, carbon footprints, as well as running costs and at the same time increase the operational efficiency and productivity of spaces that they use or are responsible for operating.
The focus of this role is to ensure continued leadership within Fabriq’s customer-success function, which is ultimately dedicated to the effective delivery of Fabriq’s SaaS solutions to end users. This is key, as Fabriq continues to grow its customer base and requirements of Fabriq-powered solutions become more complex as Fabriq continues to explore new and exciting use cases alongside like-minded end users.
We’re looking for someone with experience handling large and complex enterprise-SaaS projects within fast-paced, technical, and customer-focused environments. The individual in this role should be able to lead projects from an end-to-end perspective from the point when a customer is signed on to the point when a customer is expected to be trained on getting the most value out of a Fabriq solution on a day-to-day basis. In addition, we are looking for someone who has the capacity to think strategically as well and to implement best practices to continually improve the operational aspects of Fabriq’s customer-success function. Overall, considering the scope of the role, someone who is capable of engaging and communicating with individuals from a variety of backgrounds (technical and otherwise) would be ideal.
Yes, we're talking to you - If you have what it takes to own the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- Take on a leadership role to help Fabriq grow and develop its customer-success function in collaboration with executive team
- Manage and mentor current members of the Customer Success team and run Fabriq’s customer-success function on a day-to-day basis
- Implement best practices and/or tools pertaining to the delivery of SaaS products to B2B customers, the onboarding of end users of a SaaS product, the running of a support desk for an enterprise-SaaS product, and the overall objective of increasing engagement levels of end users with the aim of growing the revenue potential of Fabriq’s customer base
- Serve as expert in using Fabriq’s SaaS platform and lead/manage the delivery of projects involving Fabriq’s products and services, some of which would be similar in scope to the following sample projects:
- Equip a large mixed-use retail/office building with full connectivity to feed in data from a BMS, which includes the setting up of network connectivity and a data-processing facility
- Deliver a smart-building platform to monitor a high-profile HQ building which is capable of ingesting and processing data that are useful for monitoring energy consumption, the utilisation of spaces, air quality, as well as productivity
- Work with multiple third-party partners to onboard and manage a portfolio consisting of tens to hundreds of assets into the Fabriq OS platform which consists of large commercial offices, university buildings, warehouses, and high-street retail sites
- Gather and analyse customer requirements and conceptualise, articulate, and communicate to customers and end users the appropriate technical and/or non-technical solutions
- Develop project plans and statements of work and track project budgets and progress with aim to ensure successful implementations
- Engage with key customer contacts (including senior/executive-level stakeholders) and collaborate with third parties and partners as required to ensure the effective delivery of solutions and services to Fabriq customers
- Collaborate with Fabriq’s technical team as required to drive the resolution of product defects and enhancements
- Gauge customers’ levels of engagement with Fabriq’s solutions and communicate feedback to product team regarding product and service improvements
- Provide insights to customers to ensure that they get the most out of Fabriq’s full range of solutions with aim to help grow Fabriq’s customer base
And if you can bring to the table the following as well, consider yourself shortlisted:
- 5+ years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Energy management, project management, customer/operations support, enterprise-software implementation, technology/IT consulting
- Interest in working in one or more of the following sectors: energy efficiency, sustainability/CSR, cleantech, proptech, enterprise SaaS
- A technical background (degree in information systems, computer science, or electrical/mechanical/industrial engineering and/or equivalent experience)
- A proven track record employing project-management best practices and taking part in delivering successful projects involving technical products and/or relevant certifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including those required to communicate technical concepts or information to customers as well as colleagues, and experience engaging with project sponsors (at Director/VP level and up) of various technical levels as well as client-side counterparts with technical backgrounds
- Experience managing or implementing a Level 1 or 2 support desk (ideally for an enterprise-SaaS product)
- Experience collaborating with remote technical teams
- Intermediate/advanced level of proficiency in using Microsoft Office as well as project-management, issue-tracking, customer-support, collaboration, and CRM software/tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Trello, Freshdesk, HubSpot, Slack, etc.)
- An absolute eye for detail and an indomitable focus on customer delivery
- Orientation towards achieving results autonomously and creatively in an entrepreneurial setting
- Fluency in European languages
- Experience with analytics solutions, data-migration/systems-integration projects, and importing data via ETL, FTP, HTTP, and API
- Experience with and knowledge of metering equipment and IoT technologies an extra plus
- A humble and collaborative demeanor
Perks and other things you get
- Permanent, full-time role at a startup with a purpose, and that operates on the bleeding edge of scalable building performance technologies
- A salary that's commensurate with your experience
- Company pension plan
- Holiday allowance and flexible in-office hours
- Choice of Mac or PC laptop, plus full-fledged, wide-screen desk setup, for your work productivity
- On-the-job training and insights into the latest techniques used in the built environment
- Regular team lunches and end-of-week drinks on the company (don't tell the doctor).
- Regular sporting events organised by company staff (tell the doctor about this instead)
- And as our company grows, so will the list of benefits...
How to apply
Please send your CV and any additional info to firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t need a full cover letter, but if you could spend the time to dedicate a couple of paragraphs in your email as to (a) why you want to work for us and (b) where you see the best fit for yourself (aka, your superpowers), it would be appreciated.
We aim to get back to everyone who puts in the effort to send a full application, so if you don’t hear back within a couple of weeks, feel free to chase us. Thanks!
NOTE: Only candidates with right to work in the UK can be considered for this opening.